Monday, June 30, 2014

Finally Olu Maintain Speaks Out Says I Am Not A Yahoo Boy


Nigerian singer Olu Maintain believes finds it strange that people would call him a 'yahoo' boy, and doubt the legitimacy of his wealth.

After breaking into the music scene with a hit song, 'Yahoozee', which glorified 'yahoo' (a popular name for Internet fraud),' Olu has always had to deal with endless speculations and belief that he was a perpetrator of the crime.

But he has revealed to Pulse tv that he has no ties with Internet fraud and scams, attributing his riches to other non-music related activities.

He told Pulse tv: “It's kind of strange how you would think that there is more attributed to my success, fame, and wealth other than my music.

“I studied accountancy in school, so I'm from a background of doing the show, and not doing the blow. I have capitalized on my fame and fortune to open other doors to other arms of business ventures in life and it has paid off, and its still paying off.”

After dropping his hugely successful 'Nawti' single and a raunchy video in 2011, Olu Maintain took his time in releasing another visual, but when he did, he released 2 videos in quick succession. 'Enuff Efizzy', and another one shot in Brazil, 'Olu In Brazil'.

But Maintain has defended his decision, justifying his production delay as a consequence of his lack of pressure to live off music, and also his love for perfection.

“It's funny how time flies, especially when you get to a point in your career where music is no longer a means to an end. That's why it would appear that my production time frame is slower than others. Because I'm never at a point in time under any pressure to put out materials there because maybe I see music as a means to an end.”



“I see music as something that is my passion, and I try to be a perfectionist in everything that I do. What pays my bills is my brand, and my brand is Olu Maintain. It is music that has given birth to that brand, and you have to understand that when you are a celebrity, and when you are somebody that people look up to, it opens a lot of doors for you.

“People relate with you differently in everything that you want to do. People just for the bare fact that you are what you are, have that trust in you that you would deliver in anything you do.

One of Olu Maintain's new videos, 'Olu In Brazil', was shot in the South American country which is hosting the FIFA 2014 World Cup. He owes it to fate that the right time came for him to take advantage.

“After the Nawti video, 'Olu in Brazil' should have been my next video, because in my mind I was like, what was the strenght of my 'Nawti' video? It was the women, it was the naughty girls and everything, so to surpass what I have done with Nawti, I said I'm going to go to the paradise of women. A place where 9 out of 10 men believe that the most beautiful women in the world come from.”

“It's just fate time and chance that Brazil happens to be hosting the world.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...